Friday, October 10, 2008

A Milestone


The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights
- Muhammad Ali

Today I released the BTH Weapon Pack, my seventh custom content submission for NWN2. By coincidence it is exactly twelve months ago to the day that I released my first NWN2 models.

The BTH Weapon Pack came together nicely with the addition of three more models in the Smouldering Weapon range and includes a tot
al of 36 weapons.

It's taken most of the day to collect the screenshots, package the model files and run a final test. The submission is currently waiting for approval on the NWVault site. The preparation for the release gave me the opportunity to look at some of the early weapon models I made for AussieNWN and reflect on how both my 2D and 3D skills have improved.

It's not at all difficult to pick out the short sword models that were my first attempts at making weapons. The dates on those first weapon models go back to December 2007. The BTH Weapon Pack has been a long time in the making. In fact, this project has been so stretched out that while I was preparing the files today I re-discovered a couple of models I'd completely forgotten about.

Anyhoo, here's the link to the BTH Weapon Pack on NWVault. I'll leave you with a screensh
ot of the the complete set of Smouldering Weapons. I'm going to fiddle with another short video.

2 comments:

Frank Perez said...

Hi Barry, this is a cool blog you have here. I read with amusement how you came up with your online name. I've added your blog to my blog roll. Keep up the good work. :)

BTH said...

Thanks Frank. I've been keeping an eye on your great work as well.

And thanks for adding the link in your blog roll. It inspired me to add the same feature to this blog. (much better than the links I had previously)